I'm sick of hearing about Obama’s puppy. The story seems like a calming pat on the head for the American people from the press.
I am, like most people, interested in hearing about what he is going to do as a President, and even though we’re getting some teasers, we’ll have to wait and see.
As many know, I was against this man being our President for a lot of reasons, but like everyone says, now we have to give him a chance. I agree. But I don’t yet think he’s some great man, or some ‘messiah’. The joke he tried to make in his press conference the other day about how “most shelter dogs are mutts, ……like me” makes me cringe every time I see it. May be a tell that his ego is as inflated and out of control as some say. It aint all about Barry.
I was glued to my television Tuesday night just like most folks, especially at the end of the night when Obama gave his acceptance speech. I could barely blink.
He came out on to the stage, and I swear, he had one dark look in his eyes. He smiled, but only sporadically, perhaps he was just being gracious, it just didn’t seem positive in my mind. It seemed like a movie, a movie I couldn’t look away from. When his family took the stage with him, wearing their obviously, seriously, orchestrated and coordinated outfits, I was like, whoa. I mean hey, look at my blog, it’s dark, black and red, kind of spooky, same as my myspace page. I think the visual was great, my kind of thing (sans Michelle Obama’s face), but to see the new future President and future first family in this tint was kind of spooky and weird, even for me. Visually unprecedented, and stunning, but weird. $600 million or so, from questionable donations to a man who said he was going to participate in a public fund campaign, but didn’t, will get you a “big Shewww”. The Nine Inch Nails song “wish” runs through my head as I look back on the images. Wish there was something real, wish there was something true, wish there was something real in this world for you.
Barack may just become a great President, he may fail, he may just basically be a cleaned and polished black panther, he may be a good man, with a misunderstood wife, some say the messiah, some say the antichrist, the antichrist looking for a hypo-allergenic puppy. Guess we’ll just wait and see.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so tired of hating Bush, that I'm looking forward to this administration....like you said, we'll just have to see. I just read that he's already looking to lift Bush's policy on Stem-Cell Research, so that alone is more for me that the past 8years.....time will tell.....
hey hey, long time no P!
..yeah, but what about his purple lips? you trust dudes, acting like dudes, pretending to be another dude.....with purple lips?.
i'll research YOUR stem cell, buddy. ...wait. hold on. strike that.
glad you stopped by Mr P.
.....if that's your reeeeal name....
Piljoe you sill Vampire!!!
Post a Comment