Sunday, November 9, 2008

Long, Strong, Hard and Deep.

Shake loose this moon from where it sleeps?
Wipe my stars like dust, with one broad sweep?
Pluck aged strong trees from where they reach?
Dissolve my clouds with your breath, as they softly creep?

I’ll cause quakes with this heart, from within here deep,
Rise mountains, they’ll shear so sharp so steep,
As my tidal waves rise, and pound at this beach,
I pray to the lord my torn soul to keep.

Your eyes are a forest; I burn straight through,
And the trees in my way, I could snap right in two,
Gain strength from these breaks, and this sap just like glue,
These long fingered branches, dream of holding you.

My eyes are a fire, they smolder, they glow,
My heart is a furnace, as it warms from below,
My veins they hold rivers, they pump and they flow,
They contain the melt, from the cold winter snow.

My hands they are throbbing, gentle and sore,
From picking my pieces, up off of the floor,
Misshaped and calloused, from keeping the score,
These fingers so long, for just something more.

copyright iburn inc 2008

No comments: