
I have a personal association with the crow and always have. I can remember how the crows would swarm my neighborhood in Los Angeles when i was growing up. Every day at about 3:00 pm, the crows would come and fill every tree and rooftop on my street, cawing and squawking at the top of their lungs for about 15 minutes, and as quickly as they came and landed, they would be gone. I can remember how this 15-20 minute process would give me excitement send chills up my spine. There would be days that they wouldnt come. ....and i noticed.
I have always felt a familiarity and a kinship when seeing a crow anywhere. I can remember seeing a crow divebomb attack an older man walking down my street with his grocery bags in hand, when i was a kid. This crow attacked this man like 3 or 4 times as i watched from our living room window. I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. The man scrambling and dropping items from his grocery bags, trying to pick them up and wave off the bird at the same time.
To this day i feel a deep association and compassion when i see a crow with a gimpy talon, (which is quite often) hopping around in the world, gettin it done.
recently I found this caught in my web... i dig it.
copyright2008
................................................................................................................................................................................................
The Crow. Keeper of the Sacred Law.
Crows are the keepers of the Sacred Law, and to have a Crow totem is very powerful.
Personal Integrity are your watchwords and your guide in Life.
If you have a Crow totem, your prime path is to be mindful of your opinions and actions.
You must be willing to walk your talk, to speak your truth and to know your life's mission.
The Crow is an omen of Change.
The Crow lives in the void and has no sense of time, therefore, it sees past, present and future simultaneously.
The Crow merges both light and dark, both inner and outer. It is the totem of the Great Spirit and must be respected as such.
Crows are symbols of creation and spiritual strength.
Crows look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life.
Crows are messengers calling to us about the creation and magic that is alive in the world today and available to us.
1 comment:
hell yes and first of all welcome my friend. Crows have always held a weird place in my life. Seems like they are always present at every funeral I have ever attended as well as family picnics. I dont know how the two connect but I know in the back of my fucked up mind there is a connection. I remember once as a young kid with a pellet gun taking aim on one of these black birds high in tree and taking my shot direct hit yet the crow didnt move or fly away so I quickly pumped up the air rifle and took another, then another and still another. Finally after about a dozen shots the crow fell letting out this fucking awful screetch and landing on the neighbors roof with the thud of a man falling from the 13th floor directly on to concrete. It was fucking weird and needless to say I never shot one of those again.
Post a Comment